- Entransed with Bambi Interview with Arlene Lev 2015
- Faculty Expert Speaks Interview with Arlene Istar Lev
- Five Questions with Arlene Istar Lev Interview En/Gender with Helen Boyd
- Tips for Coming Out to Your Kids by Yana Tallon Hicks online 2009
- Transgender Woman Shares Her Journey, by Rhonda Triller in The Post Star, April, 2016
- Transparenting by Hillary Harvey in Chronogram, Nov. 1, 2014
- Four myths about Children of Same Sex Parents by Carol Castro in Superinteressante magazine, February, 2012
NOTE:Original article appeared in the Portugese language. English translations below.
“Se você cresce com dois pais do mesmo sexo e vê amor e carinho entre eles, você não vê nada de estranho nisso”, conta Arlene Lev, professora da Universidade de Albany.
If you grow up with same sex parents and see how much they love each other and how affectionate they are, you won’t think anything of it (or you won’t think it’s strange at all).
“Crianças criadas por gays são menos influenciadas por brincadeiras estereotipadas como masculinas ou femininas”, diz Arlene Lev.
Children raised by same sex parents are less likely to engage in gender stereotypical play.
- Therapists help transgender patients with psychological issues by Paul Grondahl in the Times Union, December 9, 2011
- New Challenge for Parents: Children’s Gender Roles by Jan Hoffman in the New York Times, June 10, 2011
- Controversy Continues over APA and Gender Variance by Renee Baker in the Dallas Voice, March 11, 2010
- Creating the DSM by Todd Melby in Contemporary Sexuality, Newsletter of the American Association of Sexuality Educations and Counselors March, 2009
- DSM Controversy Could Overshadow Opportunities & DSM Section 302.85 by Zak Szymanski in The Bay Area Reporter May 29, 2008
- When She Graduates as He by Adrian Brune Boston Globe April 8, 2007