FTA Monograph Series, Vol. 7, Spring.
The AFTA Monograph Series. One theme-based, guest-edited issue each year features original work by AFTA members who are leaders in the field.
Guest Editors: Jean Malpas, LMHC, LMFT & Arlene (Ari) Istar Lev, LCSW-R, CASAC
- Gender Dysphoria: Two Steps Forward, One Step Back. Clinical Social Work Journal, 41 (2), 288-296, July 2013
- Challenging Cases for Experienced Therapists (PDF) Journal of Gay & Lesbian Mental Health, 15: 2, 180-199, 2011
- How queer – the development of gender identity and sexual orientation in LGBTQ-headed families.(PDF) Family Process, 49 (2), 268-290, 2010
- A Review of “Gay and lesbian parents and their children: Research on the family life cycle; Who’s your daddy? And other writings on queer parenting; Becoming parent: Lesbians, gay men, and family” (PDF) Journal of GLBT Family Studies, August 2010
- The Ten Tasks of the Mental Health Provider: Recommendations for Revision of the World Professional Association for Transgender Health’s Standards of Care. (PDF) International Journal of Transgenderism, 11:2, 74-99, 2009.
- More Than Surface Tension: Femmes in Families. (PDF) Journal of Lesbian Studies, Vol. 12(2–3), 2008.
- Intersexuality in the Family: An unacknowledged Trauma. (PDF) The Journal of Gay and Lesbian Psychotherapy, (Eds. Vernon A. Rosario & Jack Drescher), 10(1), 2006.
- Gay Dads: Choosing Surrogacy. (PDF) The British Psychological Society Lesbian and Gay Psychology Review, 7 (1), 72-76, 2006
- Disordering Gender Identity: Gender Identity Disorder in the DSM-IV-TR. (PDF) The Journal of Psychology and Human Sexuality, 17 (3/4), 2005.
- Dykes and Tykes: A Virtual Lesbian Parenting Community. (PDF) Journal of Lesbian Studies, 9 (1/2) 81-94, 2005.
- Couple Assessment: Identifying and Intervening in Domestic Violence in Lesbian Relationships. (PDF) Journal of Lesbian and Gay Social Services, 4 (1), 93-106, 1996.