The Training Institute for Gender, Relationships, Identity, and Sexuality (TIGRIS) provides trainings and educational workshops aimed at increasing diversity awareness among individuals and organizations. Housed in the Capital District, TIGRIS offers trainings locally, nationally, and internationally through modern technology, including webinars, educational trainings, and online consulting. TIGRIS is at the forefront of delivering current, practical, evidence-based information to local and long-distance learners at beginner and advanced levels.
The trainers at TIGRIS are available to provide trainings to a wide audience. We often present at conferences, and provide trainings for schools, agencies, organizations, and develop target trainings for specialized topics. We also present to religious organizations, medical groups, and can provide trainings for beginner audiences as well as advanced clinical groups. We can develop specific workshops geared towards your audience’s specialized needs.
Some topics available include:
- Understanding Transgender Identity and Expression
- Working with LGBTQ Clients
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- Working with Families of Gender Non-Conforming Children and Transgender Youth
- Collaborative and Comprehensive Trans-Health Care: Physicians and Mental Health Providers
- Making Schools safe for LGBTQ Students
The Training Institute has given many presentations to dozens of schools and organizations across the country. The links below are a sample of the programs we’ve done.